CLICK either picture to the ----->
(and the link will open up)
Our Covid Protocols Sub-committee recently reviewed the available data and guidelines from Local, State and Federal agencies and provides the following update on specific protocols:
1. Quarantine - Isolate for 10 days after first symptoms appear.
2. After a positive test result, one needs to be fever-free for 24 hours prior to breaking quarantine. So, if one is still running a temp on the 10th day of quarantine, even if all other symptoms are gone, one would still need stay home until 24 consecutive hours without a fever is completed.
3. Anyone who had “close contact” with someone infected with Covid symptoms should get tested and/or quarantine. Close Contact is defined as being within 6 feet proximity for 15 cumulative minutes during a 24 hour period.
4. Re-Testing is Not required once one has Covid. Tests may show “positive” results for up to 90 days following the initial infection.
5. At this point, we don’t have evidence that anyone has acquired Covid while at our BCC facilities. Our current protocols remain in line with the general guidelines published by local, state and federal agencies. We are not aware of any indications that our current Covid Protocols are causing an increased risk for infection within this community.
6. We will continue to monitor data and the guidelines in our community and offer recommendations for changes if/when the covid situation warrants.
Huge thanks to Matt West and Calvin Gunter! They are continuing to stay on top of all the available data and guidelines to ensure our protocols are effective and meeting current guidelines. We are blessed to have benefit of the expertise these two men hold.
Hello and blessings to all,
If you are ill, been
exposed to the Coronavirus or at special risk due to medical conditions or age,
please stay home and join us on the Facebook Live and YouTube broadcasts. These are also available to be streamed at a later time.
Thanks again to the entire church family for your patience and prayers. Peace, Love and Hope to all.
We have suspended the online / credit card giving. This was not widely used, was an added expense and created some accounting difficulties for us. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may mail or bring your gifts to the church office:
1106 Church St., Bastrop, TX 78602
We are a multi-generational family of faith worshiping our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in the heart of historic downtown Bastrop, TX (aka the most historic small town in Texas). We love our city and the role that our congregation has played throughout it's history. We are proud of our past and excited for our present and future of continuing the legacy of inviting all people to gather at the Banqueting Table of Christ.
Historically, our congregation has had its roots in the Disciples of Christ, the oldest protestant denomination founded on American soil. (Learn more)
The founders of our movement coined the phrase: "We are Christians only, but not the only Christians." Bastrop Christian Church is a faith family made up of people who come from just about every denominational background. But when we come together and gather at the Lord's Table, we are one in Christ.
For more information, fill out the Visitors Survey, located in the Visitors Tab at the top of this web page !